Monday, April 16, 2007

Raccoon Mtn. RR.

What a race! Cold, wet, windy, long, and mountain-ous. Atleast I did it, that's the upside. This is the day before the race, we went to preride the course. As soon as we got a few miles out it started pouring then lightening. At that point we called it quits and turned around, completely soaked from head to toe. We had a cool host house, a friend of ours Sean. Saturday night we toured downtown Chatty and even accidently entered the Tour de Ga party. Race registration was in the same building. I wasn't interested in staying, because there were no pro guys there. It must have been a sponsor party because there were a few pro bikes on display and a bunch of women dressed in wacky outfits.

The race got colder and windier by the minute. The crew hung together until the final part of the race, the climbs. We split into two groups. At the end my legs locked up. I guess they had their share of lactic acid. Still not too shabby for someone who hasn't done any climbing at all, or climbing intervals. I got 6th place. I think I need to incorporate climbing into my life somehow. Rest this weekend, then crazy sprint intervals next week! Who has time to climb? Maybe next Sunday on my scheduled 5 hour ride! Yikes!

No comments: