Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fontana Dam Jam


So this past weekend was an escape from the norm. Sarah, Kirsten, and myself decided to try a weekend of mountain biking. Little did we know we decided to try the hardest race of the SERC series. Overall, it was a blast. The first night I did the short track race. My chain got stuck on the first lap going up the hill. I almost got lapped, then came back and got second. There were only 3 of us, but I was still really impressed that I gain a whole lap back. If it was longer than 10 minutes I think I could have won, even with the whole chain issue.
The second day, I just tried to survive. I got a great position after climbing the long ass paved entrance, but slowly throughout the race was passed by people. Oh well, now I have a slight erge to mountain bike again. I'm going to have to buy a new bike b/c mine is waaay too small. I'll probably try to do the collegiate mtn bike series. Woopie!
This weekend is the State Crit race. Oh boy. I'm just going to try to hold on as long as I can.
You can see more fun pics of this past weekend from Sarah's pic page

No comments: